Friday 2 September 2011

Scott Dann Signs For Blackburn Rovers

Blackburn has signed centre-back Scott Dann from Birmingham for £6m.

Dann, 24, has penned a four-year contract with the Ewood Park club who has yet to score a point after three Premier League games.

"I need to play and I'm not happy unless there are games so I am delighted I am now playing for Blackburn," said Dann.

"It wasn't an option for me to stay in the Championship, I needed a new challenge."

Dann had an impressive first season in the Premier League with Birmingham in 2009/2010 and was playing well last season until a hamstring put him on the sidelines.

Now back to full fitness, the 24-year-old former Coventry player had been linked with a number of clubs this summer following Blues' relegation from the Premier League.

"While I've been at Birmingham there has been a lot of speculation that I would be leaving and to get it finally wrapped up is a relief," added Dann.

"I heard of Blackburn's interest a couple of days ago and it has all happened quickly and I was delighted to get it all sorted last night.

"From a personal point of view I would have liked it to have been done sooner so I could have got straight in with my new team-mates but it hasn't worked out that way."

The Liverpool-born defender had a medical in Lancashire on Wednesday, but the finalities of his contract were not confirmed until less than 30 minutes before the close of the transfer window.

No comments:

Post a Comment