Friday 2 September 2011

QPR Sign Shaun Wright-Phillips

Shaun Wright-Phillips has completed his move from Manchester City to QPR.

The 29-year-old winger has joined the Loftus Road club in a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

He made 93 appearances for City after rejoining from Chelsea in 2008 following three years in the capital.

"After speaking to the manager Neil Warnock and seeing the direction he thinks the club is going, I wanted to help make it happen," said the England international.

"Neil Warnock just told me to be energetic and create goals. I'm very excited to be here. It's a big club. I just want to get back playing football."

Wright-Phillips will now link up with his former City team-mate Joey Barton as he returns to his native city.

He continued: "There was a bit of toing and froing and making sure the deal was done the way both parties wanted. But I spent most of the day sat down chilling with my dad, my uncle and friends.

"I want to thank the Eastlands fans for their support and there will always be a blue spot in my heart - they have supported me for ten years of my life."

"I'd also like to thank the managers of Bolton, Wigan and Stoke for showing an interest in me but in the end it was an easy decision to make. I'm looking to seeing my old mate Joey, it should be a good laugh."

QPR manager Neil Warnock told the club website: "I'm just really excited that we've been able to attract a player like Shaun to the club.

"Right from day one, him and Joey Barton were at the top of our list and we've managed to get both of them, so I couldn't be more pleased.

"He's got a great attitude, a great character and he just wants to improve and impress as a footballer.

"Shaun's so positive and that's what we're looking for from all players that join QPR."

No comments:

Post a Comment