Friday 2 September 2011

Ferdinand Completes Transfer

Former Sunderland defender Anton Ferdinand secured a deadline day transfer to Premier League newboys Queens Park Rangers.

The 26 year old was faced with increased competition at the Stadium of Light this season after the summer arrivals of former Manchester United defenders Wes Brown and John O’Shea, and has opted for more playing time at QPR.

“I came down from London on Wednesday and spoke to the gaffer, and was impressed with his thoughts on where the club is going to go,” Ferdinand told QPR’s official website.

“I’ve heard good things about the manager and, after speaking with him, it’s clear that he wants the best for me and wants me to do well.

“As soon as I came out of the meeting with him, I knew that QPR was the club for me.”

Ferdinand’s three year deal means he traces the footsteps of cousin Les Ferdinand, who is a legend at Loftus Road. The former England striker enjoyed many great years at QPR, and fans will be hoping that Anton enjoys similar successes.

“Anton’s a player that I have always admired,” said QPR boss Neil Warnock.

“He’s got so much to offer. When you look at centre-halves in this country, you won’t see much better than Anton on a good day.”

No comments:

Post a Comment