Thursday 27 October 2011

Arsenal Prepare To Make Sensational Move To Tottenham Striker

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is preparing a shock move for Tottenham Hotspur striker Roman Pavlyuchenko.

According to reports in The Metro, Wenger is keeping tabs on the Russian international after the latest quotes from the player with regards to his future at White Hart Lane.

Pavlyuchenko has so far this season made just two appearances in the Premier League and feels he needs more regular first team football in order to start for Russia during Euro 2012.

The 29-year-old has also stated he like likes life in London, which as also alerted Premiership rivals Queens Park Rangers and Fulham.

However it is felt Arsenal could be Pavlyuchenko's preferred destination and could see him team up with Russian team-mate Anrdey Arshavin.

Speaking to Russian publication Sport Express, Pav said: "I don't believe I can fight my way into the Tottenham starting line-up. Players can feel what the manager thinks about them, and I know that the manager doesn't count on me these days.

"Something must change. I must play in order not to miss Euro 2012.

"You don't get into the national squad on past achievements. I will be 30 in December, and it could be my last big tournament.

"I don't know whether the club will execute that option [to sell me], but a good offer would definitely be considered.

"It would be silly of me to hide that I find life in London much better."

No comments:

Post a Comment