Monday 5 September 2011

Mourinho Persuaded Sneijder Not To Join Man United

Wesley Sneijder has revealed that he was put off of a move to Manchester United this summer by former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho.

Manchester United were strongly linked with the Dutchman all summer, and it was thought that Sir Alex Ferguson had seen Sneijder as the perfect replacement for the recently retired Paul Scholes.

The Holland international recently admitted that he was close to joining United during the transfer window, but has revealed that it was the advice of his former manager at Inter Milan which persuaded him to stay in Italy.

"Mourinho called me and he told me to stay. He has an Inter heart and he has always told me to remain," Sneijder toldGazzetta dello Sport.

"I am happy to have stayed because I never wanted to leave and so I no longer want to speak about Manchester United."

Carlos Tevez' agent has also claimed that Sneijder was close to joining Manchester City in a swap deal involving the two player, but this is something that the Inter Milan playmaker refutes.

"Manchester City? I don't know anything about this. I am happy at Inter," he said.

"I have a contract until 2015 and I want to respect it."

No comments:

Post a Comment