Sunday 14 August 2011

Mazzarri Hopes For Rossi Deal

Napoli coach Walter Mazzarri is hopeful the club will sign Giuseppe Rossi from Villarreal.

Rossi had attracted interest from Barcelona and Juventus earlier this summer, but Villarreal have been reluctant to sell. Even so, Napoli has made public their interest in the Italy striker and Mazzarri feels he would be a major boost for the Champions League.

"We need 22 players in the squad - that's also what Mourinho says," Mazzarri said. "If someone offers me Giuseppe Rossi, I would be happy.

"Until now the names that have been mentioned weren't at Giuseppe Rossi's level and that's why I've always said I don't want other forwards but, as for Rossi, I hope he arrives tomorrow. That would be a great present and would make us take a step up in terms of quality."

There have been rumours that Rossi's arrival could mean the exit of Ezequiel Lavezzi, but Mazzarri hopes Lavezzi, Edinson Cavani and Marek Hamsik all stay put.

"Yes, I want him [Rossi], but with Lavezzi," he said. "I wouldn't have any problem leaving one of Rossi, Cavani, Lavezzi and Hamsik on the bench, not least because we'll be playing every three days.

"I want to manage top players - whether it is Rossi, Tevez, Nilmar or Balotelli. I'd love to manage four top quality forwards."

No comments:

Post a Comment