Sunday 14 August 2011

Chelsea Hijack Man City Transfer Of Serie A Ace

Chelsea have entered the race to sign Fiorentina winger Alessio Cerci, meaning Manchester City could well miss out on his signature.

Man City boss Roberto Mancini has made no secret of his interest in the 24 year-old Italian, but equally has made it quite clear that he is frustrated with the board's slow approach to the transfer market.

"[Cerci] is a good, young player, who could be an option," revealed a smiling Mancini yesterday.

The smile soon disappeared though when he talked about the lack of progress made with signings.

"Last year was the same too,"

"I don't understand this. I thought we could get all the players we needed three or four weeks ago. But here we are and the deals aren't closed.

"I asked for [Nasri] two months ago. I'm worried because I don't have this player today and I probably won't have him tomorrow. We play three games in August and I am worried."

Andre Villas Boas is thought to be concerned by the lack of width in the Chelsea team, so perhaps Alessio Cerci would be a valuable asset at Stamford Bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment