Tuesday 11 October 2011

Spurs Lines Up Move For Highly Rated Serbian Goalkeeper

Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp is lining up a sensational move for Udinese goalkeeper Zalijko Brkic, according to reports in The Metro.

It is believed Redknapp is lining up a move for the Serbian international as a long term replacement for 40-year-old shot stopper Brad Friedel.

Former Tottenham No. 1 Heurelho Gomes looks certain to be heading for the White Hart Lane exit when the Janaury transfer window opens.

Redknapp has been keeping tabs on Brkic who is currently impressing in-between the sticks for Siena, where he is currently on loan from Udinese.

Speaking recently about the speculation linking him with a move to the Premier League side, Brikic said: "I have heard that Tottenham scouts are looking at me. But at the moment I am fully focused on Siena.

"People in the club say that they are satisfied with me and I am very flattered.

"Hard games are ahead, some great challenges in Serie A and I hope to raise the level of my performances even more."

No comments:

Post a Comment