Wednesday 5 October 2011

Newcastle Step Up Pursuit Of African Star Forward

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew is set to step up his pursuit of Sochaux striker Modibo Maiga, according to reports in the Daily Mirror.

During the course of the summer transfer window Pardew was tracking the versatile Mali international who can also operate on the wing but nothing materialized.

However it is believed that Newcastle are set to go in for Maiga again in January as they continue there search for another striker to replace the void left by Andy Carroll.

Pardew's side have made a great start to the new Premier League campaign and are sitting fourth in the table and are unbeaten in the opening seven games.

Maiga, 24, has stated his interest in playing for Newcastle, saying: "Newcastle? They are a very good club, I will not finish my career in Sochaux if I am scoring every week - that is the reality of football. I have not invented that!

"At the moment I am here and scoring goals. I do not know when the transfer window opens what there will be interest. It depends also on the club, but in the near future I want to ply my trade in another top league. It is a genuine ambition, I will accept being booed for that!"

No comments:

Post a Comment