Sunday 18 September 2011

Samba Admits He Was Keen To Join Gunners

Blackburn defender Christopher Samba has admitted he had his head turned by Arsenal's reported interest this summer.

The Gunners were linked to a host of centre-backs in the transfer window before settling for Germany international Per Mertesacker.

And Samba, who faces Arsenal in Saturday's lunchtime kick-off, has said it did have an effect on his focus.

"It's all behind me now and if this club didn't make a bid for me in the end, then that's life," he said.

"Was it unsettling? Of course. It's difficult, you think about your future, dreams, your own ambition. Some people will understand, others won't.

"I don't say I've been perfect in my approach. I should have been more focused.

"I had a chat with the manager and senior players, Ryan Nelsen, David Dunn, Paul Robinson.

"The only thing we need is me playing 100 per cent for the club.

"Being the captain is not an issue."

No comments:

Post a Comment