Sunday 11 September 2011

Mancini Desperate To Sign Alessio Cerci

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini remains interested in Fiorentina’s ‘extraordinary’ winger Alessio Cerci after failing to land him during the summer.

Mancini tried to sign the 24-year-old during the recent transfer window, but despite claiming that he was close to striking a deal, the move failed to materialize as Fiorentina apparently had a late change of heart.

Nevertheless, Mancini remains desperate to land a player he has admired for a long time.

"I have followed him since his days at Pisa in the 2007-08 season. He was just 20 but immediately did things that were extraordinary.

"He is one of the few players who are able to win a game on their own. If I could have I would have brought him to the Premier League a year ago.

"We have tried again this summer because I thought he might make an important contribution and mix well with the players here at City.

"But we could not complete the transaction and in all honesty I must say that I understand Fiorentina."

No comments:

Post a Comment