Tuesday 27 September 2011

Arsenal Ready To Renew Interest In Marseille's £10m Midfielder

Marseille midfielder Stephane Mbia has once again declared his interest in playing in the Premier League, news that will certainly have alerted Arsenal who have tracked the player for some time.

The Cameroon international has consistently been linked with a move to England in the last two seasons and last summer was strongly linked with a £15million move to Arsenal.

However, the deal never emerged and now the midfielder is keen to push through a transfer after returning to full fitness.

"I want to play at the very top," Mbia told skysports.com. "Going to England has always been in my mind and I would love to play there one day.

"I was close to moving once and hopefully I will come back, play well and an English team will come back in for me. But at the moment I want to heal fully and play well for Marseille."

Mbia has not managed to play this season due to injury but is hoping that he will be back in time to take on Arsenal in the Champions League on October 19.

"I am feeling much better. The injury is healing like I want it to and I would like to be back on the field as soon as possible. The club needs me but my team-mates are doing their best to get the season back on track."

Mbia has the ability to play as a defensive midfielder, a position where Arsenal are short of options after the departure of Denilson, while he can also fill in at centre back.

No comments:

Post a Comment