Tuesday 9 August 2011

Real Madrid Snap Up Seven-Year-Old Argentine

Real Madrid has signed seven-year-old Leonel Angel Coira from Argentina.

The Spanish club’s spokesman Juan Tapiador confirmed the move on Monday and added that the youngster would begin training on September 6.

Atletico Madrid were also reportedly interested in Leo but their city rivals made the first move in an effort to stave off challenges from other European heavyweights in the future.

The youngster admitted that Barcelona star Lionel Messi was his favourite player but added that Real Madrid is his preferred club.

"Lionel Messi is my idol, but my dream is to play in the Real Madrid first team," he told Ole. "I will start training there on September 6."

Leo’s father was delighted with the move and was quoted by ESPNSoccernet as saying: "It looks good when I say it because I'm the father, but I'm excited to see how he plays with the ball."

No comments:

Post a Comment