Saturday 6 August 2011

Independiente Sign Barcelona Defender Gabriel Milito

Barcelona has announced they have dispensed with the services of centre-back Gabriel Milito, who has gone on to sign for Independiente.

The Argentina international has been allowed to look for a new club, despite having one more year on his contract with the La Liga champions.

The 30-year-old has accepted a massive pay-cut to be able to return to Independiente, where he played from 1997 to 2003, as he wishes to be closer to his children.

"I am very happy to be able to return to my country and my home. I felt the necessity to return to Independiente. We got together and talked about this possibility, and finally it could be completed," he said at his official unveiling.

"Today is a very special and emotional day for me, I left the club eight years ago and the truth is that I always dreamed of returning, so this is a dream come true. I hope this stint will be as good as my first one."

According to a report in Ole, Milito, who made 75 appearances for Barcelona during his time at the club, has signed a three-year contract with the Argentines.

No comments:

Post a Comment