Thursday 28 July 2011

Velez Sarsfield's Maxi Moralez Agrees Atalanta Switch

Velez Sarsfield star Maxi Moralez is gearing up for an Italian adventure, after agreeing terms with Atalanta.

La Nacion reports that the diminutive No. 10 will fly to Bergamo on Wednesday to undergo a medical and put his signature on the contract with the Italian club. Velez had no choice but to release their star when Atalanta met Moralez's buy-out clause, valued at €4.5 million.

Speaking after his final training session with the Argentine champions on Tuesday, Maxi admitted that he would leave Velez with a heavy heart.

"I am 24 years old and I think the time is right to go to Europe. I had a wonderful time in Velez and I won two titles, I will leave with great memories of the club, the fans and my team-mates," he affirmed.

A product of Racing Club's youth academy, this will be Moralez's second attempt to break into European football, after a move to Russia's FC Moscow failed to work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment