Tuesday 19 July 2011

Man City Ready Aguero Bid

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has revealed that a bid for Atletico Madrid star Sergio Aguero is imminent.

Aguero has previously expressed his desire to leave Atletico this summer, and Real Madrid, Juventus and Chelsea have all been reported suitors.

But with Carlos Tevez looking to leave Eastlands this summer to be closer to his family in South America, Aguero has been earmarked to replace his compatriot.

Asked whether a firm offer had been made for Aguero, Mancini replied: "Maybe in the next days.

"I have not spoken to anyone about it, but probably. I think so."

Aguero has already stated he was planning to decide upon his future this week after Argentinas shock Copa America exit.

While City and Corinthians continue to negotiate a deal in excess of £40million deal for Tevez.

"I slept last night and I had a game to prepare for so I don't know anymore," Mancini said on Tevez, following City's 2-1 friendly win over Vancouver.

"The clubs are talking. I haven't spoken to it. They only have one number and it does not work at the moment."

No comments:

Post a Comment