Friday 29 July 2011

Ajaccio Snap Up Duo

Newly promoted Ajaccio has completed the double signing of Brazilian striker Ilan and Sedan wideman Damien Tiberi.

Ilan has signed a one-year contract with an option for a further season and returns to Ligue 1 after an 18-month absence, having spent the latter half of the 2009-10 campaign on loan at West Ham before returning to his homeland with Internacional Porto Alegre.

He has been without a club since parting company with the latter in December.

He told ACA's website: "I had other offers but I made my mind up 10 days ago. I wanted to come here because the contact I had with the coach and the directors was good and I felt they really wanted me to join the club.

"I have already been in contact with several of the players - you know, in football, that everyone knows everyone - though I know some particularly well, such as Thierry Debes, Carl Medjani, Frederic Sammaritano and Fousseni Diawara."

Tiberi, who can operate anywhere up the left flank, has signed a three-year deal with the Corsica-based club and said: "It gives me great pleasure and I am very proud and honoured to wear the Ajaccio jersey.

"My personal objective is to play as many games as possible and gain experience. The aim for the team is to survive in Ligue 1, it will be a difficult season."

No comments:

Post a Comment